Cinematic Road Trips
Easy Rider; The Open Road & The Price Of Freedom
Giving freedom rock it’s name, the open road comes to life in the movie, Easy Rider. The melodic soundtrack carries you through the panoramic scenes of the west as you ride alongside these two freedom seeking, ‘long hair’ hippies.
A classic cinematic road trip film and soundtrack, Easy Rider staring Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper, and Jack Nicholson will take you on a journey from Los Angeles to New Orleans for Mardi Gras during the late 1960’s. They encounter drifters, dreamers, and small town folk along with new ideas and old prejudices.
Easy Rider (1969) IMDB. Directed by Dennis Hopper.
Road Trip Playlist
Easy Rider Movie soundtrack available on iTunes.
- The Pusher – Steppenwolf (1968)
- Born to Be Wild – Steppenwolf (1968)
- The Weight – Smith (1969)
- Wasn’t Born to Follow – The Byrds – The Notorious Byrd Brothers (1968)
- If You Want to Be a Bird – (Bird Song), The Holy Modal Rounders (1969)
- Don’t Bogart Me – Fraternity of Man (1968)
- If 6 Was 9 – The Jimi Hendrix Experience (1967)
- Kyrie Eleison/Mardi Gras (When the Saints) – The Electric Prunes (1968)
- It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding) – Bob Dylan/Roger McGuinn (1969)
- Ballad of Easy Rider – Roger McGuinn/Bob Dylan (1969)